Thursday, February 12, 2009

Rant Recant (in part); New News

I have to retract part of my rant. It turns out I screwed up, when I got the alleged 'invoice' that was the sellers' agent's fax cover sheet with some scrawled number on it, that was only the first page of the .pdf document ... there were two more pages that I failed to notice, which were the actual invoices. Okay, duh, my bad, consider me flogged.

But the invoices weren't much help, in that the furnace guy said he couldn't find anything wrong, that the problem the inspection turned up didn't exist when he checked. So I'm not sure what to think of that, but it is possible - it is the kind of thing that could have, possibly been temporary (although it was truly a bit of a fluke). But I've got enough on my plate, I'll leave that go till we're settled in, and then maybe this spring or even next fall before cold weather, I'll have it double checked, just to make sure.

And, when I conveyed to my buyer had badly he was screwing me over by not having done anything about this closing, he decided to waive the title search, which meant next to nothing needed done, and we should be able to close on Denison today!

That doesn't speed up things at the new house, but at least that will be out of the way. It's a bittersweet moment, the one I've been both waiting for and dreading - selling my house. But that's a post for another time, as it's too complex for 7:00 a.m.

And, my agent called me yesterdy and was friendlier than she had been in awhile, even criticizing the sellers for dragging their feet and taking so long with this repair issue. She said she'd light a fire under them yesterday, but I haven't heard any more from her since.

I still have no news on what the sellers are doing about the closet repair. I'm about to complete the last two things I needed to do - close on my house sale, and pre-pay my new house insurance. Then it's just, and only, waiting on the sellers and this closet issue.

The one thing that makes this less angsty is the lender tells me they couldn't have closed this week anyway, they weren't ready on their end. So despite all the delays, it looks like it would have been next week regardless.

I know, next week will come, and the flurry of activity will have me in a tailspin, then we'll move in, and next Saturday night I'll be sitting in my pub with a fire in the fireplace, surrounded by unpacked boxes but with friends, getting completely liquefied on rum and diet Coke, and it'll all be a bad memory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOUR pub? he he he

Love ya Poppette!!

Da Dread Rev