Friday, June 6, 2008

I Must Be Doing Something Right

I have two geraniums now.



Yeah, those are two separate ones. The first one had a few stems on it when I planted it, but then seemed to die off ... and has now come back. The second one was the one I posted bad pictures of Tuesday - which looked like a dead stick when I planted it. Looks like these two are going to make it. I can't imagine when they're going to get big enough to look like real plants ... I don't know if they'll grow that much this year, or not. I'm sure they won't bloom until next year at the earliest. But that's okay ... watching something grow from such a tiny stick-like thing is pretty cool.

Just as cool are my morning glory seeds ...


... which came up so fast! It hasn't even been a week yet. I blame it on soaking them first, the compost, and a good dousing with Miracle-Gro when planted. It looks like the vines, at least, are going to do well. I don't know how well they'll bloom due to lack of sun ... but we'll see.

And then there's this clematis ...


It's not new, my dad planted this for me many years ago. Now most of the flowers look like this ...


... except for this one, which just showed up this year, and is part of the same plant ...


I don't know how that works, but I find it pretty cool.

I'm pretty excited about these developments. Nothing else really going on.

No comments: