Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Geraniums! And knitting.

Check this out.


It's one of my dead-stick geraniums, deciding to live and breaking out. Yeah, I know, it's hard to see in this picture, but I know that's what it is, and not a weed, because one of the others looked like this when I first planted it, although it abruptly shriveled back into the ground, and I haven't seen any signs of life on it since. But this one looked as dead as anything, so if it could make it, I have more hope for the rest now.

Although it does make me wonder why I didn't just go buy one at a local gardening center. Well, assuming they had them, but this isn't that uncommon of a plant. Take, for example, one of the daisies ...


... it is growing. But this is all it is. Compared to the ones being sold at the local gardening center which are already more than 12" tall with daisy flowers on them.

Oh well. Live and learn. Although I'm not very sure my local gardening center would have all the varieties of things I will eventually want. And watching something grow from a dead stick into (hopefully) a fully grown plant some day is kind of exciting.

Greg built a vegetable bed.

And then we realized that we have bunnies living behind our property, not to mention Tyler-The-Dog-Who-Will-Eat-Anything. So we thought it might be a good idea to put up a fence.


So this is another new aspect to the year's gardening frenzy.

I have been knitting - especially the last two evenings, as last night I was just being lazy after the weekend's work, and tonight it's gently raining (I love it! Great for the plants). But there's really nothing to take a picture of. I'm about a third of the way through the second front of the cardigan, so it's chugging along nicely.

Speaking of which ... I think I'll get back to that.

No comments: